"Reflections of My Life" was a 1969/1970 hit single for the Scottish band, The Marmalade.


It was written by their lead guitarist Junior Campbell, and singer Dean Ford (born Thomas McAleese).Released in late 1969, it was the band's first release on Decca following an earlier spell at CBS.

It went on to chart worldwide, reaching #3 in the UK Singles Chart in 1969,#10 in the US in 1970 on the Billboard Hot 100,and #7 on the Cash Box Top 100. Initial sales were significant in both countries, and the one million mark was reported in November 1971, when the group was presented with a gold disc for global sales.The track featured a lead vocal by Ford backed by vocal harmonies, and included a reverse tape guitar solo by Campbell.


"Reflections of My Life" has produced sales of over two million units. In 1998 the writers were awarded a Special Citation of Achievement by the BMI for attaining radio broadcast performances in excess of one million in the US alone.




Reflections Of My Life

The changing of sunlight to moonlight
Reflections of my life, oh how they fill my eyes
The greetings of people in trouble
Reflections of my life, oh how they fill my mind

All my sorrow, sad tomorrow
Take me back to my old home
All my cryin', feel I'm dyin', dyin'
Take me back, to my old home

I'm changin', arrangin', I'm changin'
I'm changin' everything, ah everything around me
The world is a bad place, a bad place
A terrible place to live, oh but I don't wanna die

All my sorrow, sad tomorrow
Take me back to my old home
All my cryin', feel I'm dyin', dyin'
Take me back, to my old home

All my sorrow, sad tomorrow
Take me back to my old home
All my cryin', feel I'm dyin', dyin'
Take me back, to my old home

Objavi komentar

 
Top